Are you looking for a list of which pumpkin products to buy and which to dodge?
Here is a pretty solid break down of the pumpkin products I’ve tried so far and my thoughts about them as described by my real life gym analogies. The pumpkin products I like are listed from most desirable to least and the ones to skip are listed in order of most disappointing first.
Freely conquer these like you conquer the stairs pre-leg day:
- Slow Churned Pumpkin Patch from Edy’s:
- Serving ½ cup, Calories: 90 (1.5g F/ 18g C/ 2g P)
- Considering the low calorie nature of this ice cream it is still super creamy and delicious. I kind of wish it had chunks but I love the flavor so much that it doesn’t really phase me. This is my favorite in a waffle cone!
- Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies by Trader Joe’s:
- These cookies are pumpkin shortbread cookies dipped in a vanilla yogurt topping with festive sprinkles. They are a cross between: shortbread, Keebler frosted animal cookies and pumpkin pie ginger snaps. (Is that a thing?) They are so good that I had to portion them out into mini serving size bags for portion control.
- Pumpkin Pie Gelato by Talenti
- Serving ½ a cup, Calories: 220 (11g F/ 30g C/ 3g P)
- This gelato is super rich and pumpkin spice-y. It has little chunks of pie crust throughout but not nearly enough to make it strides better than the slow churned Edy’s version. I really love this gelato but I could easily replace it for the more macro-friendly Edy’s.
- Pumpkin Puffins Cereal by Barbara’s
- Awesome snack and finger food! These definitely taste like pumpkin but could have a little bit more of the spices involved. They are a good volume food too because you can have a lot of them for little calories and not much sugar.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios by General Mills
- This probably has the best pumpkin flavor out of the cereals I’ve tried. My one lament is that they get soggy in milk fast.
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt by Noosa
- I really like this rich and creamy yogurt. The pumpkin ribbon in the container just screams fall. It was not really as sweet as I imagined it to be but is perfect when you add just a bit of honey.
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt by Oh My Yog!
- I love the Oh My Yog! line so I had to try this flavor. The bottom has an oasis of ooey-gooey pumpkin filling. This yogurt is awesome and even better topped with walnuts. I ranked this under the Noosa because it is not as creamy.
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Cookie by Lenny & Larry’s
- When you heat up this cookie in the microwave for 12 seconds it tastes just like pumpkin bread. I ranked it low because it is expensive, each cookie is 2 servings and they are not an everyday treat.
Swerve like you swerve that Gym Creep that tells you that you go deep on your squat:
- Pumpkin Nog by Silk
- This was honestly the biggest disappointment ever. The packaging is so misleading. When I picked it up at the store I was so excited to try it. I pictured what I would taste to be the creaminess of eggnog with a hint of pumpkin spice but when I poured this into a cup I was left with tasteless but thick almond milk. Sure it was orange but where was the pumpkin flavor? I even tried this hot and continued to be less and less impressed. Swerve this like the plague.
- Pumpkin Spice Cereal by Special K
- Don’t even get me started on “Pumpkin Spice” Special K. I tried it and sure it tasted like cinnamon, ginger and maybe even nutmeg but not pumpkin at all. They did not even bother to make the cereal orange and nowhere in the ingredients is the word “pumpkin”. Kick this fraud to the side.
- Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows from Kraft
- Hey world, why would I need these? I tried these because I got them as a gift. I know some people like chocolate and pumpkin but putting these in hot cocoa felt downright wrong. Putting them in S’mores felt like a mistake. After having them sit on my shelf for almost a year I tried one on its own and decided to retire them to the trash.
- Pumpkin Mini Muffins Lil’ Bites
- I tried these at a training event and was sorry I even picked them up. They are little sponges disguised as muffins. The pumpkin flavor also wasn’t there for me. NEXT.
- Pumpkin Spice Quest Bar
- This has a white-chocolate-like orange colored topping all over the bar. It is still a little too chewy for me. I would assume it is a nice change from the basic Quest Bars but I do not think I could make it through a whole box of these without getting bored or losing a tooth. (They are so hard!)
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramels from Trader Joe’s
- These are not bad they are just too strange to be my favorite. I rarely ever crave pumpkin and chocolate together but if you do you’d LOVE these! They have a soft caramel pumpkin center.
Have you ever had a pumpkin product that was a major let down? What is your favorite pumpkin spice item you’ve tried? Was it one of mine or was it different?
Keep it pumpkin-spicy,