- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour through salt) together into a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (yogurt through vanilla). Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The mixture should be thick but not paste-like. If it seems too thick, slowly stir in more milk, 2 Tbsp at a time.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to combine.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Add a pat of butter to the skillet and swirl to coat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop small scoops of batter onto the skillet. You may have to gently spread the pancakes a bit as the batter will be quite thick. Cook until bubbles form in the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden-brown. Flip and cook until golden-brown on both sides.
- Serve with Agave, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, use your imagination!
|1 Pancake||2 g||23 g||8 g||142|
|2 Pancakes||4 g||46 g||16 g||284|
|1 Tablespoon Agave||0 g||16 g||0 g||64|
*Makes 16 Pancakes, Serves 8-16*